Thursday 21 February 2008

Sedna - Still MIA

I watched the Sedna webcast on Migration yesterday, and I think I have seen it before, around November time.

What struck me when I was watching it was the bits that we haven't seen yet.

  • Queries and reporting - promised in the next webcast
  • Import tool - the replacement for the good old Pivotal import routines
  • Pivotal Agents replacements - I remember (not sure where I got this from) that there was a planned replacement for Pivotal agents, using something similar to Biztalk Workflow. This will greatly aid those non-developers out there that love agents.
  • Pivotal Agent Explorer - mentioned lots of times, but no visibility yet

The other think that is not quite MIA, but moving backwards, is the release date. First week in March is the current plan, wonder what is causing them issues?

Also, the release in March will not be capable of being sold to new customers. I assume that this is because the CMS is not up to scratch yet. What level of CMS will be included with the first release?

I, like others I am sure, will be downloading the code as soon as it becomes made available. Work commitments permitting, I will report back as soon as it is installed.

No comments: