Thursday 14 February 2008

Sedna - Client / Server Tasks - My thoughts

After watching the client / server tasks yesterday afternoon, I am getting more excited.

The "soft required" functionality is pretty cool, and really a good way to prompt users what is required for a function to operate, gives you more of an indication that a normal error message.

I assume the messagebox that was being used is going to be replaced by a more aesthetically pleasing version like the CMSMsgbox, but we wait and see.

The flexibility of Client and Server tasks will be the great benefit of Sedna, even more so than the flexibility of 5.X, which I see as it's key feature and a killing selling point if you are going some where that the OOB (including the Financial / Housing versions) don't go.

Overall, I think the presentation was poor. I know it was a hard task to get through a very techie topic, but I thought the presenter should have been more clear on what he was doing and the results, as well as using best practices rather than written constants everywhere, but I did get a lot out of it.

Bring on the release. I may have time to get it installed next month.

No comments: