Friday 4 April 2008

Pivotal 6 thoughts

Well, I finally have a demonstrable version of sedna up and running.

My Thoughts....

Pros...
  • One click install - an improvement over the install nightmares I have seen in Windows clients.
  • Smart Client interface - very clean, very useable, very customisable
  • Forms - well, they could not get much worse than in Active client
  • Client / Server Tasks - once I have got my head around it all, I am sure, as we are in the .NET world, we can really take huge strides to produce efficient, complex solutions.
  • Ability to use vbscript / VB dlls
  • Sharepoint Portals - What a luxury!
  • Outlook integration - I think this is going to be the killer part for people to upgrade.
Cons
  • No Pivotal agents - The import utility is useful, but not a patch on what could be done in Pivotal agents on the fly. Leads to more work for customisers to do the bespoke import jobs.
  • Documentation - still pretty poor.
  • Need CMS 6.1 desperately.
  • No pretty looking Portals OOB, would prefer to see several graphs etc being used.
  • No undo in the form designer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.