Tuesday 13 November 2007

A Thanks and documentation

Thanks to Mr Kwiecinski for posting a link on his excellent forum (see link to right) to my lowly blog. I am astounded that a little mention such as this has resulted in people viewing my diatribe from as far away as Japan and New Zealand.

Also, a quick comment on his comment on my last post - heartily agree. As a partner, I get to see more that is coming from professional services than ordinary users, but this should be shared more. Allow users to play with bits, but have a one off charge to send them the code. This way the PS development can be charged for. The resources and examples out there are huge, but you need to know what to ask for and have a friendly Pivotal contact.

Last thing - when are Pivotal going to sort their documentation out? Don't get me wrong, the documentation is a lot better than back in the AA3 days, but there are still things that are not documented. How about a code sample in the API Reference for each function? What about ensuring the fields that are passed are explicitly labeled within the API?

Rant over, back to work.

No comments: